Tue, 21 Feb|
Radiology: Collaborations and educational initiatives: Previous experiences and prospects
• Sharing local experiences regarding the present radiology landscape in Sudan and current structure of radiology training; touching on the great efforts being made and highlighting examples of progress, on-going projects, and future aspirations
Time & Location
21 Feb 2023, 08:00 – 17:30 GMT+2
Elrazi University, شرق، GH6V+W38, Azhari Road, Khartoum North, Sudan
About the event
Objectives of workshop:
- Sharing local experiences regarding the present radiology landscape in Sudan and current structure of radiology training; touching on the great efforts being made and highlighting examples of progress, on-going projects, and future aspirations.
- Presenting examples of previous collaborations and initiatives with the aim of evaluating their impact and any lessons learnt.
- Due to advances in the use of video conferencing platforms and remote learning tools, Radiology is well suited for collaborative working across borders, sharing expertise and experiences with the aim of enhancing radiology training in Sudan and patient care. The workshop will provide an excellent opportunity to share ideas between radiologists in Sudan and representatives of the international Sudanese doctors’ bodies involved in the SIMS.
- As part of the workshop there will be several educational talks covering various aspects of clinical radiology.
Learning outcomes: Start a constructive dialogue between radiologists in Sudan and the represented Sudanese Doctors’ bodies and organisations to enhance cooperation and collaboration for matters related to training, remote learning and improving patient care.
Method of Delivery: Oral presentations and panel discussions.
- Dr Abd Elmonien Al Attaia, Consultant Radiologists, Khartoum, Sudan
- Dr Tamir Ali, Consultant Radiologists, Newcastle, UK
- Dr Sara Mohamed, 3rd yr Radiology Trainee, Dublin, Ireland
Radiology training in Sudan aspirations and challenges
- Ticket type
This event is sold out